The latest results of the PLM Standardisation Initiative were presented at the Geneva International PLM Conference on 06-07 September. This prestigious event, hosted by the CERN scientific research centre, was the first chance for the industry at large to see the scope and direction of PLM best practice formalisation.
The presentation featured the PLM Governance Standard, the Path to PLM and the toolkits and methodologies that make up the PLM Best Practice Library. It was a chance for the audience to challenge or rebut the new concepts, but even with such a wide range of delegates the response was very positive. At this early stage it seems that the new standards embody some of the fundamental truths of PLM.
The initiative continues with a new workshop in Milan, Italy on 27-28 September which, for the first time, will include delegate representation from the USA. As the new standards are being developed by active participation, this is a welcome development.
Registration for the Milan event is open until Friday 23 September, and more information is available.
The PLM Interest Group
The PLM Interest Group is a global Group which brings together its members to work proactively to solve their PLM problems. It is developing a new generation of applied PLM standards, and has previously run workshops that have produced the PLM Benchmarking Handbook; the PLM-SCM Guidebook; and the PLM Maturity Reference Manual.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting