Formtek, Inc., a provider of technical data and document management solutions to industrial clients for over two decades, announced today the release of the Formtek EDM Data Extractor. The EDM Data Extractor is a new addition to the Formtek Engineering Data Management (EDM) Solution for Alfresco, which also includes the Formtek EDM Module and the Formtek EDM Connector for AutoCAD®.
The Formtek EDM Data Extractor is an Alfresco extension designed to extract AutoCAD drawing properties and block attributes and store them as EDM metadata in the Alfresco content repository. The Formtek EDM Data Extractor is preconfigured to work with the Formtek EDM Module and supports extraction from both DWG™ and DXF™ file formats.
Data extraction occurs when a new AutoCAD drawing or drawing revision is uploaded to the repository from either the Alfresco Share interface or the Formtek EDM Connector for AutoCAD application. The EDM Data Extractor extracts AutoCAD drawing properties and block attributes and maps them, per the customer's unique template, to specific metadata fields in the repository's EDM content model.
Together with the EDM Module and the EDM Connector for AutoCAD, these products provide a prepackaged, installation-ready, minimal services solution for secure, enterprise engineering document and drawing management and collaboration on the Alfresco Open Content Platform.
"This new software product provides an important enhancement to our Engineering Data Management Solution for Alfresco," said Dick Weisinger, Formtek Vice President and Chief Technologist. "We continue to leverage the Company's extensive domain expertise in technical environments to provide the global industrial market segment with a state-of the-art solution for managing complex engineering information using an open-source content platform, and an alternative to traditional engineering data management and product lifecycle management products that involve both large upfront licensing costs, as well as expensive annual maintenance renewals. By comparison, our solution is available at a fraction of the cost."
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments