Formtek, Inc., a provider of technical data and document management solutions to industrial clients for over two decades, announced today the release of the Formtek EDM Data Extractor. The EDM Data Extractor is a new addition to the Formtek Engineering Data Management (EDM) Solution for Alfresco, which also includes the Formtek EDM Module and the Formtek EDM Connector for AutoCAD®.
The Formtek EDM Data Extractor is an Alfresco extension designed to extract AutoCAD drawing properties and block attributes and store them as EDM metadata in the Alfresco content repository. The Formtek EDM Data Extractor is preconfigured to work with the Formtek EDM Module and supports extraction from both DWG™ and DXF™ file formats.
Data extraction occurs when a new AutoCAD drawing or drawing revision is uploaded to the repository from either the Alfresco Share interface or the Formtek EDM Connector for AutoCAD application. The EDM Data Extractor extracts AutoCAD drawing properties and block attributes and maps them, per the customer's unique template, to specific metadata fields in the repository's EDM content model.
Together with the EDM Module and the EDM Connector for AutoCAD, these products provide a prepackaged, installation-ready, minimal services solution for secure, enterprise engineering document and drawing management and collaboration on the Alfresco Open Content Platform.
"This new software product provides an important enhancement to our Engineering Data Management Solution for Alfresco," said Dick Weisinger, Formtek Vice President and Chief Technologist. "We continue to leverage the Company's extensive domain expertise in technical environments to provide the global industrial market segment with a state-of the-art solution for managing complex engineering information using an open-source content platform, and an alternative to traditional engineering data management and product lifecycle management products that involve both large upfront licensing costs, as well as expensive annual maintenance renewals. By comparison, our solution is available at a fraction of the cost."
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012
- New Report Places Bentley's OpenPlant Products at the Forefront of Interoperability and Plant Creation