Granta Design today announced the release of Eco Materials Adviser Full Version. This new sustainable design tool can now be purchased online by users of Autodesk Inventor software. It extends the functionality of Eco Materials Adviser Base Version, which is available as standard within Autodesk Inventor 2012.
Eco Materials Adviser enables designers to quickly generate eco impact analyses of their product parts or assemblies as they evolve their designs in Autodesk Inventor. An easy-to-read dashboard display shows key indicators such as CO2 footprint, energy usage, materials cost, water usage, and compatibility with legislation on hazardous substances. Users can interactively explore the sustainability impact of changes in materials choice or the design of their digital prototype.
The new Full Version builds on the capabilities provided in the Base Version by enabling users to study assemblies of any size, to investigate materials options in greater depth using Granta's comprehensive database of around 3,000 materials, and to account for a wider range of contributions to environmental impact. These include finishing processes and the transport and use of the finished product. Users can purchase the Full Version by following in-product links to the product website or by going directly to inventor.grantadesign.com.
The software works by connecting over the Internet to a Cloud-hosted database that provides the necessary materials, process, and environmental data. Access is available by annual subscription. The list price is US$995, but a launch price of US$795 is available until November 30, 2011.
"You can improve what you measure," says Dr Patrick Coulter, chief operating officer at Granta. "Building on our Eco Audit technology, Eco Materials Adviser enables designers to estimate the environmental sustainability of a product while it is still 'on the drawing board'. Designers and engineering teams can then make informed choices. We are delighted to be working with Autodesk to bring these methods directly into 3D design. Eco Materials Adviser Full Version completes the first phase of this work."
"With Eco Materials Adviser, Autodesk Inventor software users can make informed materials choices in the design phase, where it can be most critical," said Carl White, director of digital design product management at Autodesk. "We're pleased to have the Full Version available to help designers create unique products while factoring in the environmental impacts of the materials they use."
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio