Granta Design today announced the release of Eco Materials Adviser Full Version. This new sustainable design tool can now be purchased online by users of Autodesk Inventor software. It extends the functionality of Eco Materials Adviser Base Version, which is available as standard within Autodesk Inventor 2012.
Eco Materials Adviser enables designers to quickly generate eco impact analyses of their product parts or assemblies as they evolve their designs in Autodesk Inventor. An easy-to-read dashboard display shows key indicators such as CO2 footprint, energy usage, materials cost, water usage, and compatibility with legislation on hazardous substances. Users can interactively explore the sustainability impact of changes in materials choice or the design of their digital prototype.
The new Full Version builds on the capabilities provided in the Base Version by enabling users to study assemblies of any size, to investigate materials options in greater depth using Granta's comprehensive database of around 3,000 materials, and to account for a wider range of contributions to environmental impact. These include finishing processes and the transport and use of the finished product. Users can purchase the Full Version by following in-product links to the product website or by going directly to inventor.grantadesign.com.
The software works by connecting over the Internet to a Cloud-hosted database that provides the necessary materials, process, and environmental data. Access is available by annual subscription. The list price is US$995, but a launch price of US$795 is available until November 30, 2011.
"You can improve what you measure," says Dr Patrick Coulter, chief operating officer at Granta. "Building on our Eco Audit technology, Eco Materials Adviser enables designers to estimate the environmental sustainability of a product while it is still 'on the drawing board'. Designers and engineering teams can then make informed choices. We are delighted to be working with Autodesk to bring these methods directly into 3D design. Eco Materials Adviser Full Version completes the first phase of this work."
"With Eco Materials Adviser, Autodesk Inventor software users can make informed materials choices in the design phase, where it can be most critical," said Carl White, director of digital design product management at Autodesk. "We're pleased to have the Full Version available to help designers create unique products while factoring in the environmental impacts of the materials they use."
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting