Aras today announced that DWIS, formerly a division of Daewoo Electronics Infortainment Systems based in South Korea, has selected the Aras PLM software suite as its product lifecycle management backbone. DWIS will leverage Aras to improve productivity, efficiency and collaboration across the enterprise and the extended supply chain. Areas of focus include Enterprise Change Management, Configuration Management, ECAD / MCAD integration, and Product / Part Approval and Sign-off.
Over the past 40 years, DWIS has grown into a world-class provider of mobile country navigation and car audio entertainment systems, building solid partnerships with global automotive manufacturers such as GM, Nissan and Renault. The company is headquartered in Bupyeong-gu, Incheon, South Korea, with manufacturing facilities in China, India, Mexico, Poland and the United States.
“We are very pleased to welcome DWIS to the Aras Corporate Community,” said Peter Schroer, President of Aras. “DWIS selected Aras because we offer the flexible, secure environment required for the production of complex electronic components and a cost-effective enterprise open source business model that will make it easy for DWIS to grow their PLM implementation over time.”
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- TurboViewer Pro Turns v2.0
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012