Delcam has added a virtual tour of its Birmingham headquarters to its Delcam.tv online video channel. The video can be viewed at http://www.delcam.tv/delcamtour.
"We now have close to 40,000 customers in more than 90 countries,” stated Delcam Marketing Manager, Peter Dickin. "While we always welcome visits to Birmingham by our customers, we realise that many of them are unlikely to be able to travel to the UK. We hope that seeing this video available will allow them to get an impression of the size of our headquarters and the strength of our company.”
"It should also help to give confidence to prospective customers that are planning to invest in Delcam software when they see the size of our organisation,” he added. "We have been the leading specialist supplier of CAM software and services for eleven years in succession and employ the largest development team in the CAM industry. Even so, many of the people that visit Delcam still say "I didn’t realise how big you are.” ”
As well as showing the size of the company, the Delcam video illustrates the range of equipment that is located on the Birmingham site. Viewers can see the various machine tools located in Delcam’s unique in-house machining facility – no other global CADCAM company operates an equivalent manufacturing operation to prove out its new programs on real jobs with real deadlines. As well as allowing thorough validation of all software before its release, this facility provides an ideal opportunity for companies to test new processes or to produce short runs of prototype parts without any disruption to their day-to-day operations.
Also featured is the range of metrology devices used in Birmingham for the development and testing of Delcam’s PowerINSPECT inspection software. This includes portable inspection arms, manual and CNC coordinate measuring machines, and optical devices. One of the most important factors in making PowerINSPECT the world’s leading hardware-independent inspection software is its ability to work with an extensive range of hardware. To continue this success, Delcam tests all new releases on the various types of equipment.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets