Delcam has added a virtual tour of its Birmingham headquarters to its Delcam.tv online video channel. The video can be viewed at http://www.delcam.tv/delcamtour.
"We now have close to 40,000 customers in more than 90 countries,” stated Delcam Marketing Manager, Peter Dickin. "While we always welcome visits to Birmingham by our customers, we realise that many of them are unlikely to be able to travel to the UK. We hope that seeing this video available will allow them to get an impression of the size of our headquarters and the strength of our company.”
"It should also help to give confidence to prospective customers that are planning to invest in Delcam software when they see the size of our organisation,” he added. "We have been the leading specialist supplier of CAM software and services for eleven years in succession and employ the largest development team in the CAM industry. Even so, many of the people that visit Delcam still say "I didn’t realise how big you are.” ”
As well as showing the size of the company, the Delcam video illustrates the range of equipment that is located on the Birmingham site. Viewers can see the various machine tools located in Delcam’s unique in-house machining facility – no other global CADCAM company operates an equivalent manufacturing operation to prove out its new programs on real jobs with real deadlines. As well as allowing thorough validation of all software before its release, this facility provides an ideal opportunity for companies to test new processes or to produce short runs of prototype parts without any disruption to their day-to-day operations.
Also featured is the range of metrology devices used in Birmingham for the development and testing of Delcam’s PowerINSPECT inspection software. This includes portable inspection arms, manual and CNC coordinate measuring machines, and optical devices. One of the most important factors in making PowerINSPECT the world’s leading hardware-independent inspection software is its ability to work with an extensive range of hardware. To continue this success, Delcam tests all new releases on the various types of equipment.
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel