Dassault Systèmes today announced a partnership between its 3DVIA brand and Mixamo, the online, 3D animation service. As a result of the partnership, some 270,000 3DVIA account holders can purchase Mixamo animated characters through the 3dvia.com online store for easy use in 3D development projects.
“Mixamo’s animated characters will open doors for 3DVIA’s community of 3D application developers,” said Lynne Wilson, CEO of 3DVIA, Dassault Systèmes. “These animations will not only help developers shorten dev cycles, but provide them with compelling, pre-made content.”
Eighty Mixamo animations with characters are currently available on the 3dvia.com Store, with plans to add more from the thousands available on the Mixamo website. Characters range from humans to animals and are searchable via a “Mixamo” and “Animations” link from the top-level “Store” tab on 3DVIA’s home page. All Mixamo animations, which are bundled with their corresponding characters and textures at the time of download, have been optimized for easy use in 3DVIA Studio, 3DVIA’s powerful, yet easy-to-use, development tool for creating online, 3D applications.
“Like 3DVIA, Mixamo prides itself on providing accessible 3D solutions that aid in the development process,” said Stefano Corazza, PhD, CEO of Mixamo. “We’re excited to extend our offerings to the 3DVIA community and look forward to further integration.”
3DVIA is Dassault Systèmes’ brand for online 3D lifelike experiences. It establishes 3D as a universal media for consumer and professional communities, and allows anyone to imagine, play and experience products and services used in our daily lives.
Sep 27, 2011
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers