Dassault Systèmes today announced a partnership between its 3DVIA brand and Mixamo, the online, 3D animation service. As a result of the partnership, some 270,000 3DVIA account holders can purchase Mixamo animated characters through the 3dvia.com online store for easy use in 3D development projects.
“Mixamo’s animated characters will open doors for 3DVIA’s community of 3D application developers,” said Lynne Wilson, CEO of 3DVIA, Dassault Systèmes. “These animations will not only help developers shorten dev cycles, but provide them with compelling, pre-made content.”
Eighty Mixamo animations with characters are currently available on the 3dvia.com Store, with plans to add more from the thousands available on the Mixamo website. Characters range from humans to animals and are searchable via a “Mixamo” and “Animations” link from the top-level “Store” tab on 3DVIA’s home page. All Mixamo animations, which are bundled with their corresponding characters and textures at the time of download, have been optimized for easy use in 3DVIA Studio, 3DVIA’s powerful, yet easy-to-use, development tool for creating online, 3D applications.
“Like 3DVIA, Mixamo prides itself on providing accessible 3D solutions that aid in the development process,” said Stefano Corazza, PhD, CEO of Mixamo. “We’re excited to extend our offerings to the 3DVIA community and look forward to further integration.”
3DVIA is Dassault Systèmes’ brand for online 3D lifelike experiences. It establishes 3D as a universal media for consumer and professional communities, and allows anyone to imagine, play and experience products and services used in our daily lives.
Sep 27, 2011
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program