CSC, today announces the release of its ground breaking new BIM integration tool, Revit Integrator. This unique and free tool enables structural engineers and technicians to synchronise models between Autodesk Revit Structure and CSC's steel building design software, Fastrak, and concrete building design software, Orion.
“Revit Integrator is a major step forward for all those companies involved in Structural BIM, giving enhanced control to the technicians and engineers who share, amend and synchronise models”, comments Kevin Lea, BIM Business Development Manager at CSC. “This new functionality will enable synchronisation of models to take place throughout the entire project, without compromising existing or new modelling work.”
Revit Integrator enables engineers to filter groups of structural objects, ignore geometrical changes, communicate end forces, openings and stiffeners, and intelligently map family types between modelling systems.
This new tool also highlights what’s been added, changed or deleted during synchronisation, thus enabling engineers to react to changes quickly and reduce the risk of errors.
“The seamless integration between Fastrak and Orion, and Revit Structure, improves project communication and increases productivity as engineers and technicians can report and manage incremental model changes easily”, comments Lea.
CSC is releasing a new version of Fastrak Building Designer in early November. Along with a range of new and improved software features, Fastrak will synchronise fully with Revit Integrator. CSC is a strategic Autodesk partner, and offers technical support, training and consultancy services to help users maximise the benefits of Structural BIM. CSC’s Revit Integrator is compatible with Revit Structure 2011 and 2012 and can be seen at this year’s Autodesk’s University in Las Vegas on the 29th November to 1st December. The free download is available at www.cscworld.com.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting