Creaform Publishes the technological fundamentals behind Handyscan 3D line-up of 3D laser scanners.
"As a developer of innovative metrology-grade measurement technologies, we have based our research and development work on well-defined and innovative technological principles, which has led to the release of several successful and highly accurate, reliable 3D optical measurement technologies over the years", said Marco St-Pierre, vice- president, Innovation & Technologies at Creaform.
In a nutshell
3D optical sensor technologies can capture a huge number of data observations at very high rates, on the surface of objects. Based on that huge number of data observations, Creaform has developed a new framework to generate very accurate points. Thanks to this technological advancement and based on the concept of intelligent measurement, it is now possible to deliver a very accurate high density set of points, in real time and without noise.
Intelligent measurement process, data framework, real-time processing, calibration and acquisition model are a few keys elements of Creaform's technological fundamentals that make for more accurate systems in 3D optical metrology.
Journal of the CMSC
Creaform's president Charles Mony first introduced our technological fundamentals in a presentation he made during the 2011 Coordinate Metrology Society Conference last July in the United States. We received great feedback from our fellow metrologists, and the related technical paper was eventually selected by the Journal of CMSC's editorial team to be published in the fall edition of the magazine - now available.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program