Creaform, leader in portable 3D optical measurement technologies, has introduced the latest addition to the wide range of technologies it develops and manufactures, the MaxSHOT 3D optical coordinate measuring system.
The MaxSHOT 3D adds the accuracy and speed of photogrammetry to the wide range of applications already possible with Creaform technologies, most especially when it comes to larger parts. It combines the MaxSHOT 3D photogrammetric video camera and the VXshot processing software.
"We are excited about this new system, since it reflects perfectly our commitment to high accuracy and reliability, says Creaform's president Charles Mony. The MaxSHOT 3D system brings photogrammetry to a whole new level in terms of affordability, ease of use and accessibility. With the MaxSHOT 3D, we will indisputably strengthen our position and grow our market share in metrology-grade technologies on the international basis".
Features and Benefits
As product director Jean-François Larue stresses out, "our main goal was to come up with the most user-friendly photogrammetry software that ever existed to support our MaxSHOT 3D optical coordinate measurement system. We are extremely proud to present the metrology/ quality control community with an innovative software that is very simple to operate. Featuring real-time visualization and validation of acquired data and an entirely guided step-by-step operation, it allows even those new to photogrammetry to quickly and easily generate a high accuracy positioning model of an object."
In concrete terms, using the MaxSHOT 3D with a Handyscan 3D self-positioning scanner, a MetraSCAN optical CMM 3D scanner or a HandyPROBE arm-free CMM translates into shorter measuring time on larger parts, accelerated positioning of the device around the part and higher measurement accuracy, which ultimately leads to reduced production costs and increased efficiency.
The MaxSHOT 3D will be introduced to the public at EMO metalworking tradeshow in Hanover (Germany) on September 19th, and at Quality Expo in Chicago (USA) on September 20th.
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers