CIMdata announces a new CIMdata Product Review about CONTACT Software, and their collaborative Product Definition management (cPDm) offering, CIM DATABASE. This CIMdata Product Review provides information on the company, their partner ecosystem, their offerings, and their customers.
Headquartered in Bremen, Germany, CONTACT Software is one of the leading independent PLM solution suppliers in Central Europe. CIM DATABASE, their cPDm offering, has evolved through collaboration between the company and their many customers. CONTACT Software has worked closely with those customers to evolve the CIM DATABASE platform throughout their twenty-year history. To emphasize the importance of customer-specific requirements CONTACT coined the term "OrgWare." According to CONTACT, in contrast with traditional software, OrgWare helps companies quickly encapsulate company knowledge, rules, and processes within the CONTACT offerings. Development using this approach results in solutions that end-user organizations can readily adapt to their own needs, local standards, and lifecycle models.
Over the last several years, CONTACT Software has expanded their solution portfolio to include project and program management, idea management, and collaboration applications. Built on the CIM DATABASE platform, PROJECT OFFICE provides solid project and program management capabilities to a range of customers, from traditional manufacturing organizations to large engineering construction project companies. A recent focus area for CONTACT Software is innovation management, in particular "idea management," to help customers identify, document, and manage the development of ideas. With this solution users can gather ideas from multiple sources, cluster them by relevance, do collaborative evolution of the ideas, and support financial and risk assessments with multiple colleagues. Finally, CONTACT WORKSPACES is a separately packaged application, focused on helping partners in value chains manage their collaborations around CAD data. WORKSPACE Manager, an application that runs on the engineer's workstation, is used to create "workspaces," containers to manage sets of product data. This data can include any type of managed file such as CAD, EDA, and STEP.
This Product Review also includes short case studies of three CIM DATABASE customers who are applying the solution broadly across their extended enterprises.
The product review, "CONTACT Software" is available to be freely downloaded from CIMdata’s Publications web page.
Sep 7, 2011
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel