Celeritive Technologies, Inc., developers of VoluMill™, announced that it has signed a license agreement with Cimatron (NASDAQ and TASE:CIMT), headquartered in Israel, for its VoluMill technology. Under terms of the agreement, Cimatron will integrate Celeritive’s ultra high-performance toolpath engine VoluMill into CimatronE, Cimatron’s fully integrated CAD/CAM software, and intends to offer it as an upgrade option in its next release. Cimatron will offer VoluMill for both 2-axis and 3-axis roughing applications, which is expected to provide users with dramatically improved rough milling productivity.
VoluMill’s patent-pending technology generates toolpaths that produce a consistent material removal rate. Their smooth, flowing motion establishes and maintains ideal milling conditions in any part shape. Reduced forces on the spindle and cutting tool enable machining hardware to be safely utilized to its full capabilities. Uniform chip formation and excellent heat dissipation result in the previously unachievable combination of dramatically reduced cycle times and significantly extended cutting-tool life.
“Our partnership with Cimatron’s GibbsCAM product line for the past several years has been a tremendous benefit for not only both companies, but to our respective customers throughout the world as well. VoluMill’s integration with CimatronE is a natural progression that I believe will ultimately continue our legacy of success with Cimatron and our customers,” says Terry Sorensen, CEO for Celeritive.
Sep 27, 2011
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program