Celeritive Technologies, Inc., developers of VoluMill™, announced that it has signed a license agreement with Cimatron (NASDAQ and TASE:CIMT), headquartered in Israel, for its VoluMill technology. Under terms of the agreement, Cimatron will integrate Celeritive’s ultra high-performance toolpath engine VoluMill into CimatronE, Cimatron’s fully integrated CAD/CAM software, and intends to offer it as an upgrade option in its next release. Cimatron will offer VoluMill for both 2-axis and 3-axis roughing applications, which is expected to provide users with dramatically improved rough milling productivity.
VoluMill’s patent-pending technology generates toolpaths that produce a consistent material removal rate. Their smooth, flowing motion establishes and maintains ideal milling conditions in any part shape. Reduced forces on the spindle and cutting tool enable machining hardware to be safely utilized to its full capabilities. Uniform chip formation and excellent heat dissipation result in the previously unachievable combination of dramatically reduced cycle times and significantly extended cutting-tool life.
“Our partnership with Cimatron’s GibbsCAM product line for the past several years has been a tremendous benefit for not only both companies, but to our respective customers throughout the world as well. VoluMill’s integration with CimatronE is a natural progression that I believe will ultimately continue our legacy of success with Cimatron and our customers,” says Terry Sorensen, CEO for Celeritive.
Sep 27, 2011
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012