Siemens PLM Software today announced that BAE Systems Submarine Solutions (BAE Systems), a world leading design and manufacturer of submarines, signed a contract in March of this year to standardize on Teamcenter® software for the development of its next generation submarine. This commitment will enable BAE Systems to drive productivity improvements, establish common processes and enhance global collaboration across the lifecycle of this important new program.
Teamcenter, the world’s most widely used PLM system, will serve as the information backbone of BAE Systems’ product development process, managing all of the information generated and needed to design, build, commission and support a nuclear submarine. The Teamcenter deployment supports a business strategy vision which seeks to ensure that BAE Systems can reliably, predictably and affordably deliver submarines to the Royal Navy. The UK future nuclear deterrent program recently passed its decision point allowing the work to proceed to full design.
“BAE Systems decided to deploy a PLM approach to the future nuclear deterrent submarine program as part of developing an Integrated Product Delivery Environment (IPDE), which will enable the design process to be managed more effectively and predictably, in what is one of the most challenging new product programs in UK industry today,” said Tony Johns, BAE Systems’ Future Submarines Director. “To support this approach, we conducted a thorough selection process which concluded in nominating Siemens PLM Software’s Teamcenter as the strategic PLM tool. Siemens PLM Software proved to be the best vendor for BAE Systems to partner with, and we are very pleased to leverage their skill and experience in PLM toolsets and methodologies for the benefit of this program.”
“We are very pleased to become a strategic partner and to sign a major PLM agreement with BAE Systems Submarine Solutions,” said Robin Hancock, vice president and managing director of Siemens PLM Software, UK. “Teamcenter will serve as BAE Systems’ global collaboration platform to manage all engineering and product data within a single system, enabling the company to achieve its goal of increasing productivity, innovation and excellence as it develops the world's most advanced submarines.”
Sep 7, 2011
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012