3D Systems Corporation (NYSE: DDD) announced today the release of additional materials and secondary finishing capabilities through QuickCutCNC™. The rapid CNC machining service, launched by custom manufacturing leader Quickparts®, has added brass and aluminum to the list of plastic and metal materials available for online interactive quoting, along with the option of powder coating parts machined out of aluminum.
Brass 260 (70/30) and aluminum 7075-T651 are both now available online and adhere to the standard QuickCutCNC™ lead time of less than five days. Powder coating is a post machining process in which a coating is applied electrostatically to parts in order to create a hard finish that is more functional than conventional paint. Even with the secondary work being done on powder coated parts, the lead time for these projects is still less than 6 days.
"We are proud to be able to expand the options we provide to our valued customers," said Todd Hellman, Business Manager for QuickCutCNC™. "As we continue to add more material and finish options to our online interactive quotes while maintaining lead times of less than five days, we are increasingly able to meet the full range of services our customers and prospects are looking for in machined prototypes and parts."
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets