3D Systems Corporation (NYSE: DDD) announced today the release of additional materials and secondary finishing capabilities through QuickCutCNC™. The rapid CNC machining service, launched by custom manufacturing leader Quickparts®, has added brass and aluminum to the list of plastic and metal materials available for online interactive quoting, along with the option of powder coating parts machined out of aluminum.
Brass 260 (70/30) and aluminum 7075-T651 are both now available online and adhere to the standard QuickCutCNC™ lead time of less than five days. Powder coating is a post machining process in which a coating is applied electrostatically to parts in order to create a hard finish that is more functional than conventional paint. Even with the secondary work being done on powder coated parts, the lead time for these projects is still less than 6 days.
"We are proud to be able to expand the options we provide to our valued customers," said Todd Hellman, Business Manager for QuickCutCNC™. "As we continue to add more material and finish options to our online interactive quotes while maintaining lead times of less than five days, we are increasingly able to meet the full range of services our customers and prospects are looking for in machined prototypes and parts."
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- TurboViewer Pro Turns v2.0
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012