Guangzhou - ZWSOFT, a leading supplier of 2D and 3D CAD/CAM solutions to the AEC and MCAD industries, today announced the release of Service Pack 1 for ZW3D 2011. This release greatly enhances the efficiency and usability of ZW3D, and illustrates ZWSOFT's ongoing investment in the 3D design and manufacturing technology, which it acquired just last year.
This service pack improves ZW3D in the areas of editing, sheet metal work, CAD/CAM operations, file import-export and is available in eight languages.
When ZW3D 2011 users install SP1, they can look forward to two-point chain picking, better handling of threaded holes, correct derivation of hole parameters from new geometry, the unfolding of non-ruled surfaces, and improved filleting operations, including mitered corners. The software now sets the correct scaling factor for 3D mice from 3dconnexion.
Sheet Metal Work
Sheet metal designers will be pleased at SP1's improvements that include the ability to make a partial flange with Snap Pick function, offset flanges, create zero-length flanges, and bend angles greater than 180 degrees.
Improved CAD/CAM Operations
For computer-aided manufacturing, SP1 speeds up CAM-cut display, and you can zoom into all cuts. ZW3D now offsets each face of the stock individually, and creates a separate Operation Type stack for drilling operations.
Other improvements to CAM operations include multiple selections of pencil cuts for different finishing paths; different default colors for each group of milling operations; the ability to create tactic operations without generating tool paths; and an added tool holder library for the configuration form.
Improved File Import and Export
Service Pack 1 can now import more than two 3D solids from DWG files, and correctly assigns colors when exporting in DWG or DWX formats.
Available in Eight Languages
ZW3D 2011 SP1 is available in eight languages: Chinese Traditional, Czech, English, French, Italian, German, Japanese, and Polish, with more to come.
Service Pack 1 is free to all users with a current license for ZW3D 2011, and it can be downloaded from http://www.zwsoft.com/en/products/zw3d.html.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting