ZWSOFT, a leading supplier of 2D and 3D CAD/CAM solutions to the AEC and MCAD industries, today announced that it donated 76 licenses of ZW3D 2011 Standard to Tokyo University of Science. The grant makes it possible for TUS to train its students in mechanical CAD, and to do teaching research with the latest version of ZW3D.
For more than a decade, Tokyo University of Science has used VX in teaching mechanical CAD. After VX was acquired in 2010 by ZWSOFT, the software was rebranded as ZW3D. In June of 2011, ZWSOFT CEO Truman Du visited TUS to learn more about how the university was applying ZW3D in its classrooms and research centers. As a result, the China-based software company donated 76 licenses of ZW3D Standard to the Japanese university. With this donation, ZW3D 2011 is now being used by students in the university’s Department of Mechanical Engineering.
“It is essential for students to be trained with latest software, so that they can keep abreast with industry trends,” said Shigeka Yoshimoto, professor of mechanical engineering, “Having this powerful tool at our disposal greatly enhances our professional practice and ability to teach mechanical coursework.”
“ZWSOFT is pleased to support Japanese educational organizations in training students with professional industry tools and solutions,” added Truman Du. “We’re proud of the impact that ZWSOFT can make on the next generation of Japanese mechanical engineers, as well as the participation of ZMW, our ZW3D authorized reseller in Japan.”
Tokyo University of Science is a private university of science and technology in Japan. Founded in 1881, the university now has 33 departments in eight undergraduate schools, and 30 departments in eleven graduate schools. It is also home to numerous research institutes and facilities.
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers