Zuken has recently signed a sponsorship agreement with the Forze the hydrogen racing team from the Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands. Students will use Zuken’s E³.series electrical CAD software to design the wiring and electrical systems in their future hydrogen fuelled race cars. E³.series is widely used in the automotive industry, adopted at the heart of electrical design with many major car manufacturers from around the globe.
"We can’t wait to move from our manual electrical design process to working with the industry’s leading electrical design software," said Pieter Danneels, head of the electronics department in the universities racing team.
After three years of doing their automotive electrical design manually, the team chose E³.series to automate the process. The 2011 car will feature some electrical design work using E³.series, but the software will be used fully in the design of the 2012 car.
This is the second Formula Student university project that Zuken is sponsoring, which also includes the team from Esslingen University.
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel