Tata Elxsi, a leading design company, has appointed design veteran Nick Talbot as the global design head for the industrial design (ID) division. Mr Talbot will be based in the Bengaluru headquarters of Tata Elxsi.
An alumnus of Royal College of Art, London, Mr Talbot holds a master’s degree in transportation design. He brings with him over 20 years of design experience in working with some of the world’s most innovative brands. He joins ID from Seymourpowell, one of the world’s leading design and innovation firms, where he was both design director and director on their board.
Mr Talbot has enjoyed a varied career and has led key projects, including the design of a production train for Bombardier, a concept show car for Ford and production of running prototypes of ENV — the world’s first hydrogen-fuelled motorcycle. More recently Mr Talbot led the team that created the ‘Aircruise’ concept for Samsung Construction and Trading. He has also been the recipient of the Giugiaro Award for transportation innovation.
In his new leadership role, Mr Talbot would be responsible for all design initiatives at ID across the globe including India. This includes innovation-driven initiatives for customers and supporting them with new product creation, development and delivery. He will also be responsible for IP portfolio creation within Tata Elxsi.
Speaking on the appointment, Anil Sondur, vice president, industrial design, Tata Elxsi, said, “We are delighted that Mr Talbot has joined our global design team. We are confident that with the global design experience he brings, we can add substantial value to our customers’ brands and products.”
Mr Talbot commented, “The Tata group is one of the most respectable organisations in the world and I feel very proud to be associated with Tata Elxsi. India, as an emerging market for global design, has a tremendous talent pool and potential both for innovation and growth. I look forward to an exciting career at Tata Elxsi and working with clients around the world in key areas of design and innovation.”
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012