SYSPRO, a developer of best-of-breed, award-winning enterprise resource planning (ERP) software for on-premise and cloud-based utilization, today announced that Hely & Weber, leading manufacturer of orthopedic braces and supports, reveals that SYSPRO software has enabled the company to streamline processes, while enhancing quality and recall capabilities without having to add employees.
Rose Gregory, General Manager of Administration, Hely & Weber, states that SYSPRO ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software has enabled the Santa Paula, Calif., company to adopt "just-in-time" concepts, coordinate off-shore manufacturing, accommodate shipping delays and facilitate lot tracing capabilities -- all without adding additional personnel. "We utilize SYSPRO 'back-flushing,' treating the products from our China manufacturers as components and issuing them, along with all other materials, including packaging, labels and instructions, to production orders at the end of the assembly process to save time," she says. "Because the paperwork that accompanies the items is bar coded, as they move through various warehouses, both virtual and real, the company has full visibility where every item is located without having to actually issue Work in Process (WIP) paperwork."
According to Gregory, other SYSPRO functionalities instrumentalin the ability of Hely & Weber to "lean" operations include Inventory Optimization and Customer Relationship Management (CRM.) "Not only does SYSPRO Inventory Forecasting enable us to employ a 'just-in-time' concept, but it allows us to deal readily with delays of overseas shipments," she says.
Hely & Weber, which also does custom production work at its Santa Paula facility, utilizes SYSPRO Return Merchandise Authorization module to process returns, while noting the reasons for the return. The information is populated into SYSPRO CRM (Customer Relationship Management) service tickets, where it facilitates the tracking of vendor quality.
"SYSPRO software lets us to do away with manual paperwork," says Gregory. "Thanks to SYSPRO's integration with Crystal Reports, I'm able to do reports at the drop of a hat - reports that would have taken forever to do manually. In addition, the fact that SYSPRO software utilizes Visual Basic Scripting lets us utilize customer class codes to indicate things such as which items are taxable."
Gregory sums up Hely & Weber's utilization of SYSPRO software: "We've taken SYSPRO tools, optimizing them fully in practice. We really appreciate SYSPRO."
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program