SpaceClaim, the market leader in direct modeling software that enables all engineers to work in 3D, today announced that SpaceClaim Engineer has been integrated within the modeFRONTIER 4.4 framework, allowing engineers performing simulation and analysis through Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) to work in an open environment, reducing complexity and easing management of the entire process.
“Our aim has always been to give our users a tool to bring all the components of the design process into one integrated environment” said Carlo Poloni, President of ESTECO. “To leverage the Design of Experiments (DOE) and multi-objective optimization available in modeFRONTIER, users need parameterized models. CAD has often been a bottleneck, as parameterization of CAD models is frequently difficult, or even impossible. SpaceClaim effectively removes this bottleneck by giving the user the ability to easily parameterize an existing CAD geometry, allowing optimization and DOE studies to be performed. By working in SpaceClaim, we feel that many of our customers will be able to use modeFRONTIER to its full potential.”
This announcement comes on the heels of SpaceClaim releasing the eighth version of its software, SpaceClaim 2011+, which further reinforces the strength of the company’s 3D Direct Modeling software within manufacturing organizations, including pre-production concept design and model prep for analysis and manufacturing to full production manufacturing environments. You can see a list of all CAE packages that SpaceClaim is able to integrate with on the SpaceClaim Interoperability website page.
“SpaceClaim was created from day one to be neutral and easily enable engineers to work with CAD files in any format,” said Rich Moore, Vice President of Business Development, SpaceClaim. “We additionally work with the best simulation software companies, including ANSYS, to enable CAE engineers to perform analysis, concept and simulation-driven design all through SpaceClaim as the complete solution. This agreement with modeFRONTIER further extends SpaceClaim’s compatibility for optimal collaboration and reduction of time to market.”
modeFRONTIER is one of the most widely used process integration and design optimization (PIDO) tools available, offering an easy-to-use interface to create a workflow of integrated processes, as well as state-of-the-art mathematical algorithms to perform any type of product- or process-optimization. Add to these the ability to perform robust design and 6-sigma analyses, as well as sophisticated statistical, data-mining and data-visualization tools, and the result is a powerful product design platform that will help design teams produce better products in significantly less time than had been previously possible.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets