Leading 3D Experts Discuss Virtual Moviemaking Growth Trends and Opportunities.
Vancouver, BC – The Smith Micro Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMSI) Productivity and Graphics Group today announced that the company will be presenting at the 10th annual Jon Peddie Research event at Siggraph 2011. The event will take place at the Pan Pacific Vancouver in Vancouver, British Columbia.
“Poser has long been a pioneer in the field of 3D character animation, providing beginning and professional artists alike a significant amount of flexibility and creative control to design and animate their characters,” said Jon Peddie, President of Jon Peddie Research. “We’re honored to have Smith Micro Software join our prominent list of panelists and look forward to their insight and expertise on the topic of virtual movie-making.”
The panel will bring together the industry’s leading experts on virtual filmmaking to discuss the growth trends and areas of opportunity, technology trends, and competitive dynamics as moviemakers interactively visualize and explore digital scenes for the production of feature films and game cinematics.
“The global phenomenon of 3D live-action and animated films has dominated box office sales for the past few years and is driving significant advances in the landscape of 3D content production for film, television, Web and many other emerging industries,” said Steve Cooper, Senior Product Manager, Productivity & Graphics for Smith Micro Software. “Poser is paving the way for an entire generation of animators to interactively visualize and quickly produce digital scenes complete with lifelike, photo-realistic 3D characters.”
What: 10th annual Jon Peddie Research event at Siggraph 2011
Where: Pan Pacific, Vancouver, BC
Who: Steve Cooper, Senior Product Manager, Poser, Smith Micro Software, Inc.
Darin Grant, Head of Production Technology, DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc.
Brian Pohl, Autodesk
Ping Fu, Chairman and CEO, Geomagic
Rob Powers, Vice President of 3D Development, NewTek
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting