AceCad Software announced today that SINOPEC Engineering Incorporation (SEI), a major player in the world’s Petrochemical industry, have recently made a new and significant investment in StruCad evolution; AceCad’s, 3D Structural modeling and detailing management platform.
The relationship between SEI and AceCad Software spans over 10 years. The recent SEI purchase, includes additional product licenses of StruCad evolution and StruEngineer evolution (both released early in 2011), integration services, implementation and training.
Mr. Yang Dong, director of SEI’s No.1 Civil Construction Department, approved the purchase based on improved workflow efficiencies in design phases and time, cost savings to the department. Productivity gains have already shown a reduction from 6 weeks to 2 weeks for a test project over previous engineering practices.
To date, 30 members of the Department have been trained in StruCad and StruEngineer evolution products to take advantage of the productivity improvements together with the improved integration with Steel, SEI’s structural analysis system. Upcoming projects will also further explore improved efficiencies with SEI plant design systems, and downstream control of structural content to steel fabricators.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio