SolidWorks® reseller, 3D Works Design Solutions, one of Sescoi’s Indian distributors for its WorkNC automatic CAD CAM software, recently held a seminar in Ludhiana, Northern India focusing on productivity improvements made possible by the latest version of WorkNC (V21) and SolidWorks®.
The large number of seminar participants demonstrates the fast growing popularity of the WorkNC CAD CAM system in India, where it is used by companies such as Bharat Forge, the second largest forging company in the world and part of the $1.2 billion Kalyani Group, and Sermo ARRK India, part of the €1.8 billion ARRK Group.
Sescoi is building a close relationship with the SolidWorks® channel in India, and has presented WorkNC at a series of SolidWorks® innovation days earlier in the year. The distribution of WorkNC through SolidWorks® resellers enables Indian companies to benefit from complementary, best-of-breed CNC software that offers advanced design tools and automated CAM, giving them a clear competitive advantage.
The upcoming release of WorkNC V21 in India will further cement the partnership as the new version includes 64bit, parallel processing technology which gives users up to tenfold speed improvements in toolpath generation and calculation.
Sescoi continues to build on its collaboration with the Indian Machine Tool Manufacturers’ Association (IMTMA) through a second series of Die Mold seminars and by supporting the Association’s ‘Digital Factory’ located on the Bangalore International Exhibition Complex. As well as WorkNC, the company has installed its WorkPLAN ERP and job shop software at the Complex, enabling visitors to see first-hand how the complete production process from quotation to invoice can be optimized, through real time data acquisition.
The Sescoi-IMTMA Die Mold seminars ran in Pune, Chennai and Delhi over the summer. Presentations of Sescoi’s WorkPLAN Solutions helped participants to understand the productivity and efficiency gains that can be produced by improved management of administrative tasks. Accurate quotations can help companies to win more business and deliver it at a profit. Production management ensures the workshop is operating at maximum efficiency and that products are delivered on time, while cost control monitors expenditure against targets. Indian companies are keen to learn about, and implement advanced technology, making the joint seminars between Sescoi and the IMTMA a valuable source of information.
Aug 30, 2011
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments