Tolland, CT – OptiRough is a new technique designed to remove large amounts of material quickly using its successful dynamic milling motion. Large, aggressive cuts are followed by fast, smaller up-cuts, safely delivering a fully roughed part faster than ever.
Mastercam’s new 3D surface high speed OptiRough toolpath supports cutters capable of machining very large depths of cut.
A single OptiRough toolpath can cut material in two directions: on step-downs (-Z) and step-ups (+Z). This highly efficient, bi-directional cutting strategy removes the maximum amount of material with the minimum of step-downs, significantly reducing cycle times.
Below is a graph comparing traditional roughing vs. OptiRough:
TOOLPATH TYPE ; CUTTERS ; # of TOOLPATHS ; TIME
OptiRough ; 1 ; 1 ; 00:05:17
Roughing Pocket ; 3 ; 3 ; 00:14:53
“The beauty of OptiRough is that you don’t need any special tooling to use it. It simply uses the tools you have now, but in a much more efficient way,” says Gary Hargreaves, VP, Business Development.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting