Luxology® LLC, an independent technology company developing next-generation 3D content creation software, has announced a series of partner activities, contests and events during the ACM SIGGRAPH 2011 Conference at the Vancouver Convention Centre, Aug. 9 - 11, 2011.
To kick off the events, Luxology will participate in the joint update from Sony Pictures Imageworks and Industrial Light and Magic (ILM) on their co-developed open source project titled Alembic. At its core, Alembic is a computer graphics interchange format focused on storing and sharing animation and visual effects scenes across multiple software applications. The Alembic press event will be held on Tues., Aug. 9, at 9.30 a.m. at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in the Pearl Room.
Throughout the exhibition, David Tracy, Luxology’s community director, and James Darknell, 3D demo artist, can be found at the AMD booth, #631, showing off modo® 501 and Luxology®s newly released Model Bashing Kit. The Model Bashing Kit contains hundreds of detail meshes, gauges, dials, switches and pipes that allow modo 501 users to quickly construct highly detailed virtual forms for science fiction or industrial visualization projects.
Luxology will also be participating in a variety of AMD and NVIDIA sponsored events and contests, including AMD’s daily speed modeling contest; a daily presentation on modo 501 in the AMD Theater; and an afternoon modo 501 training session in the AMD Experience Zone. Luxology and modo will also be part of the NVIDIA Sketch Match competition in booth #603. Please sign up on-site during SIGGRAPH to participate in these exciting, real-time competitions featuring modo 501. Prizes will be awarded to contest winners.
To schedule a meeting with Luxology or to view a demonstration of modo 501 and other licensable Nexus® technologies during SIGGRAPH, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012