Intergraph Corporation, a leading provider of incident management software, today announced its partnership with AGENT511, which can deliver SMS and MMS text messages and two-way chat from the public into a public safety answering point (PSAP). Intergraph's computer-aided dispatch (I/CAD) 9.2, available in early 2012, will be able to associate these messages with CAD events, as an alternative to traditional telephone device for the deaf (TDD) and as another means of reporting emergencies.
AGENT511 is active in the APCO/NENA Next-Generation 9-1-1 messaging committee and plans to support the NENA i3 standard in the future. This is in keeping with Intergraph's commitment to interoperability standards related to incident management, emergency crime reporting, 9-1-1 multimedia sharing, local 3-1-1 non-emergency reporting, and electric utility outage notification and reporting.
"More than 60 percent of North Americans regularly use text messaging, more than 50 percent of callers use mobile phones to notify authorities, and ten percent of the caller community may be hearing impaired," said Jay Malin, Ph.D., Managing Director, AGENT511. "The integration of Intergraph's I/CAD 9.2 software with AGENT511's offerings provides unprecedented flexibility to the public, meets the demands of a growing demographic, and maximizes situational awareness at the PSAP."
The importance of notification services to support public awareness of emergencies is borne out by the US Government's recent announcement of the Personal Localized Alerting Network (PLAN) as a federal version of a notifications infrastructure. State and local governments will augment PLAN capabilities with their own local notifications infrastructures.
Aug 12, 2011
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers