i GET IT, the online self-paced training solution for engineers from Tata Technologies, announced that "The Fundamentals of GD&T" is now available in its exclusive portfolio of online self-paced training for engineers.
This comprehensive fundamentals course covers the ASME Y14.5M-1994 Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing (GD&T) standard. While the course is designed for engineers, it is applicable as well for anyone involved in design, drafting, purchasing, manufacturing, estimating, and the inspection of parts and assemblies. Particular emphasis is placed on professionals primarily involved in design and manufacturing, and those responsible for quality. The full course is structured in 16 distinct units, to provide highly detailed GD&T knowledge and is offered at $295 per user.
This i GET IT GD&T training material is available in two courses:
1. Introduction to GD&T: This five-hour introduction course is presented in five units to provide the student with key introductory GD&T knowledge. As a bonus to engineering professionals, this Introduction to GD&T is included, at no additional charge, in i GET IT Platinum Training Bundles for the following courses: Autodesk Inventor, CATIA V5, SolidWorks, and Siemens NX.
2. Fundamentals of GD&T: This 12-hour comprehensive fundamentals course is presented in 16 units to provide fully detailed GD&T training.
"Offering this industry-leading training course is part of the overall strategy of expanding the i GET IT library to address all of the engineer's needs," said Dan Miles, Vice President iPRODUCTS. "Beyond training and skills enhancement, i GET IT offers engineering professionals a full portfolio of courses and engineering support to keep individuals and organizations continuously increasing their productivity."
After completing the i GET IT GD&T Fundamentals course, David Hayden, of Texas, had this to say, "I have been working in and around machine shops since the mid-70s, and was first exposed to GD&T in the early '80s. Had I only known the three big concepts of GD&T (that I learned in this course) I would not have made the costly mistakes I have made over the years."
This course was developed in cooperation with Applied Geometrics Inc. (AGI), an organization that has been designing and delivering GD&T training to the engineering community for more than 20 years.
i GET IT provides engineers in more than 60 countries with a world-class user experience including online training, online technical assistance, and engineering industry news. To preview the new course, visit: http://www.myigetit.com/vault/course-topic.aspx?id=132
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program