FE-DESIGN enhances its unique software technology for optimizing the pressure loss across flow channel components, thus opening new application opportunities.
Minimizing the pressure loss of flow through channels, ducts, and pipes is a common problem in many industrial applications. Conventional methods for automated optimization are usually very expensive and their potential for finding new solutions is often limited. TOSCA Fluid performs the optimization in parallel with the CFD simulation, and hence only a single run of the CFD solver is required for the entire optimization process – thus making economic optimization of large-scale channel flow applications available to all.
"Based on multiple customer requests, we developed a CCM + interface to provide TOSCA Fluid technology to a larger market segment," said Dr. Markus Stephan, TOSCA Fluid Product Manager. This new version of the modular system for topology optimization of channel flow problems includes full support of STAR-CCM+ CFD solver for both versions 5 and 6. This major functional enhancement enables users of the high-performance CFD technology in CCM+ to benefit from these efficient optimization strategies.
With the help of TOSCA Fluid, better product designs can be achieved both cost-effectively and reliably early in the development phase. Product design weaknesses can be identified and eliminated in advance. Besides the typical applications such as the reduction of pressure loss in flows for engines, emissions , HVAC systems and other applications, additional beneficial applications include noise reduction, flow equalization or reduced tendency for sedimentation, e.g. in power generation industry, industrial systems and medical engineering applications.
New features and enhancements in TOSCA Fluid 2.2.0:
improved smoothing algorithm to prevent shrinkage of the result surfaces during the smoothing process
ANSYS FLUENT support has been upgraded to a version 12.1.
advanced STL format support now includes multiple face zones allowing for fast and seamless feeding of the optimization results back into the original CFD model, thus providing for the easy set-up of automatic validation runs
greater ease of use with improved graphical user interface (GUI) and an improved mechanism for treating mesh interfaces
simplified licensing setup, enhanced logging and error handling.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments