FARO Technologies, Inc today announced results for the quarter ended July 2, 2011. Sales in the second quarter of 2011 increased 30.6%, to $59.7 million, from $45.7 million in the second quarter of 2010. The Company reported net income increased to $4.2 million, or $0.25 per share, in the second quarter of 2011, from $1.8 million, or $0.11 per share, in the second quarter of 2010.
New order bookings for the second quarter of 2011 were $62.5 million, an increase of $18.6 million, or 42.4%, compared to $43.9 million in the second quarter of 2010.
"Market demand remains strong, demonstrated by our 42% growth in orders last quarter. The Americas grew 57%, while Asia and Europe each grew 35%," stated Jay Freeland, FARO's President and CEO. "We're seeing solid revenue growth in all product lines, and the Focus Laser Scanner continues to exceed our expectations."
Due to the sizable increase in laser scanner sales relative to the Company's historical product mix and the associated production start-up costs, gross margin for the second quarter of 2011 was 56.1%, compared to 59.3% in the second quarter of 2010. The Company expects the start-up costs to diminish in the near term.
In order to reach a broader customer base for the laser scanner, the Company has and may increasingly use distributors in addition to its own sales force. Sales through distributors generally carry lower gross margin. However, there is a partially offsetting reduction in selling expenses. As a result, the Company expects that higher laser scanner sales should generate improved operating margin and profits.
"Our results in the second quarter were extremely strong, as we delivered 127% EPS growth on a 31% increase in sales. We expect positive momentum for our core metrology products as well as the Focus Laser Scanner to continue through the rest of 2011 and into 2012," Freeland concluded.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012