3D Modeling Techniques for Urban Planning Will Be Demonstrated.
Esri will exhibit and teach a course about CityEngine, its software for 3D modeling and urban planning, at the SIGGRAPH 2011 conference in Vancouver, Canada, August 7–11. The SIGGRAPH conference is one of the world's largest exhibitions for the computer graphics industry.
This summer, Esri acquired Procedural, creator of CityEngine, to bring easy 3D content creation and design to ArcGIS users. The next planned release of CityEngine will allow ArcGIS users in urban planning, urban design, defense, simulation, and entertainment to create high-quality 3D content with existing GIS data.
In addition to showing CityEngine in booth #970 at the SIGGRAPH conference, Procedural CEO Pascal Mueller will teach the course Modeling 3D Urban Spaces Using Procedural and Simulation-Based Techniques with co-instructors Peter Wonka from Arizona State University, Daniel Aliaga and Carlos Vanegas from Purdue University, and Michael Frederickson from Pixar Animation Studios. The course will cover urban layout design, road modeling, and computational building design as well as a discussion of how CityEngine was used in the Disney/Pixar movie, Cars 2.
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel