3D Modeling Techniques for Urban Planning Will Be Demonstrated.
Esri will exhibit and teach a course about CityEngine, its software for 3D modeling and urban planning, at the SIGGRAPH 2011 conference in Vancouver, Canada, August 7–11. The SIGGRAPH conference is one of the world's largest exhibitions for the computer graphics industry.
This summer, Esri acquired Procedural, creator of CityEngine, to bring easy 3D content creation and design to ArcGIS users. The next planned release of CityEngine will allow ArcGIS users in urban planning, urban design, defense, simulation, and entertainment to create high-quality 3D content with existing GIS data.
In addition to showing CityEngine in booth #970 at the SIGGRAPH conference, Procedural CEO Pascal Mueller will teach the course Modeling 3D Urban Spaces Using Procedural and Simulation-Based Techniques with co-instructors Peter Wonka from Arizona State University, Daniel Aliaga and Carlos Vanegas from Purdue University, and Michael Frederickson from Pixar Animation Studios. The course will cover urban layout design, road modeling, and computational building design as well as a discussion of how CityEngine was used in the Disney/Pixar movie, Cars 2.
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers