AutoForm Engineering GmbH, the leading supplier of software solutions for the sheet metal forming industry, has successfully developed AutoForm-ThermoSolver, an innovative software for efficient simulation of hot forming and quenching processes. With AutoForm-ThermoSolver, high strength components with challenging geometrical complexity and minimized springback effects can be engineered in shorter time and at lower cost.
Hot forming and quenching processes have recently become important for the automotive industry in order to meet specific requirements regarding a higher level of crash safety and a reduction of overall weight. The components produced by hot forming and quenching are characterized by high strengths, complex shapes if required and reduced springback effects.
AutoForm-ThermoSolver features several innovations. This software supports direct and indirect hot forming and in addition, takes into account heat flux and phase transformation during quenching. It offers engineers better insight into the structural transformation of material as well as enables them to have better control over it. The supported tailored tempering process allows for the engineering of stamped parts with targeted local strength properties. Based on the results of AutoForm-ThermoSolver, crash simulation accuracy can be improved by taking the real strength distribution of the hot-formed component into account.
With AutoForm-ThermoSolver, car manufacturers and suppliers can reliably design and engineer the processes of hot-stamped parts for their new vehicles, such as A- and B-pillars, tunnels, front and rear bumper beams, side rail members, door beams or roof rails.
Dr. Markus Thomma, Corporate Marketing Director of AutoForm Engineering, stated: “We are pleased to present our new software, AutoForm-ThermoSolver, which enables users to realistically simulate hot forming and quenching processes. With AutoForm-ThermoSolver, engineers can take advantage of the tailored part strengths achieved through these innovative processes.”
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel