CADCAM developer Delcam has added 25 students to the staff at its Birmingham headquarters in the last few months. The new recruits include new graduates in permanent positions and students wanting to gain employment experience during their courses that have been given fixed-term placements. They have been employed for posts in software development, engineering support and marketing.
The expansion of Delcam’s graduate programme comes at a time of rapid growth for the company, both in its established manufacturing area and in the newer healthcare markets. Delcam achieved record sales during 2010 and is on target for even better results this year. This success lead to the company being presented with its third Queen’s Award for International Trade earlier this year and to it being rated as the world’s leading specialist supplier of CAM software by CIMdata for the eleventh consecutive year.
"The placement system works well for both the students and the company,” explained Delcam’s Marketing Manager Peter Dickin. "The work experience helps the students’ credibility when they apply for jobs at end of their courses, while it gives the company a comprehensive opportunity to assess their potential as full-time employees.”
"We are planning a further round of placements and graduate recruitment for next year and should have the details on our website by the end of September,” he added.
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel