CADCAM developer Delcam has announced that the company achieved record sales for a six-month period and increased profits during the first half of 2011. Sales increased by 13% over the same period of last year to £20.1 million. This continues the rising trend in sales, with the company setting new record levels in each of the last three six-month periods. Pre-tax profits have grown significantly to £1.51 million, an increase of 87% over the first half of last year.
Delcam has been able to take advantage of the continuing recovery in global manufacturing to increase both the sales of new software licences and the take-up of maintenance contracts, especially in the automotive and aerospace industries. The strongest overall sales have come from the USA and Germany, with the fastest growth in sales of new software licences coming from Asia, in particular from China, Korea, Indonesia and India.
Other highlights of the opening six months of 2011 included the presentation of the company’s third Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the International Trade category and the confirmation in the latest report from US analysts CIMdata that Delcam remains the world’s leading specialist supplier of CAM software, with the largest development team in the industry. Delcam continues to increase its investment in research and development. This investment grew to £5.4 million in the first half of this year from £5.0 million during the equivalent period of last year.
Commenting on the results, Delcam Chairman Peter Miles, said, "I am pleased to announce very good first half results, with record interim revenues and an 87% rise in pre-tax profits. Significant investment by the Group in both product development and marketing has been key to these encouraging results, and supports our long-term aim of building our global competitive edge.”
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining