New 3D Sculpting and Painting App Now Available on the App Store.
Autodesk, Inc., announced its Autodesk 123D Sculpt app, a 3D sculpting and painting app for iPad, is now available on the App Store. The app lets users turn shapes, colors and textures into personalized pieces of 3D art.
Based on technology that professional designers and 3D artists prefer today, the Autodesk 123D Sculpt app provides simple yet powerful tools within an intuitive user interface that enable users to sculpt on their iPad. With three simple steps, any user can transform a basic shape into a digitally sculpted work of art:
Select a shape: Users can choose from one of 17 starting shapes, including creatures, people, vehicles and basic geometric objects.
Sculpt and decorate: Users can then choose from a wide variety of tools to enlarge, shrink, warp or refine their creation’s features to achieve the dramatic, comic or frightening effect they desire. Users also can add creative details with a palette of stamps, textures and images.
Share with friends: When a creation is complete, users can quickly snap a photo or record an HD turntable movie to share directly from within the app, via email or through Facebook, Flickr or YouTube.
Users can import their own images or snap photos using iPad 2’s camera, and then stencil onto their 3D creations for ultimate personalization. The Autodesk 123D Sculpt app also offers many of the familiar interface elements from the award-winning Autodesk SketchBook Pro.
“We built Autodesk 123D to make 3D design accessible to the maker movement, and the 123D Sculpt app takes this even further into the realm of personal sculpture and digital art,” said Samir Hanna, vice president of Consumer Products at Autodesk. “With the 123D Sculpt app, you don’t have to be Michelangelo to create amazing painted sculptures.”
Pricing and Availability
The Autodesk 123D Sculpt app is available for free* for a limited time from the App Store on iPad. To add to the creative experience, users can purchase five different packs of four shapes for $.99 each through In-App Purchase. Learn more about the 123D Sculpt app on 123D Sculpt News. A video is also available on the Autodesk YouTube Channel.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining