A recently released report by Technavio, specialists in emerging technologies market research, reveals that the Global Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) market in the Aerospace and Defense industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 12.7 percent.
The report, which covers the Americas as well as the EMEA and APAC regions, indicates that the market is being driven by the extensive use of CFD in aerodynamic design.
According to Technavio’s industry analyst, “CFD codes are extensively used for designing aircraft, helicopters, missile systems, and submarines. Vortical flows around fighter aircrafts are computed using CFD under transonic conditions. Experiments have shown that pressure distributions over aircraft wings computed by CFD tools are very well predicted and match measured data. This software is being extensively used by the aerospace and defense industry as it reduces flight and missile tests while also ensuring safety.”
The report also highlights that the growing popularity of open source CFD solutions is hindering the growth of this market. However, the effective use of CFD to increase fuel efficiency is expected to drive the market. There is also increasing use of density-based CFD codes.
These are just some of the important findings presented in the report that will enable companies to fully understand the potential in this market and formulate their own strategies.
Technavio’s report, Global Computational Fluid Dynamics Market in the Aerospace and Defense Industry 2010–2014, is based on extensive research conducted with industry experts, vendors, and end-users. It examines the key trends, drivers, and challenges impacting the evolution of this market. The report also contains incisive insights and SWOT analyses regarding the key vendors in this market, including ANSYS, CD-adapco, and Mentor Graphics.
For further information and to obtain your copy of this report, please visit http://technavio.com/content/global-computational-fluid-dynamics-market-aerospace-and-defense-industry-2010-2014-2.
Aug 25, 2011
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel