Celeritive Technologies, Inc., developers of VoluMill™ – The Pathway to Competitive Manufacturing through Ultra High-Performance Toolpath Innovations, announced today that it has signed a license agreement with NCCS of Irvine, California for its VoluMill technology. Under terms of the agreement, NCCS will integrate Celeritive’s ultra high-performance toolpath engine VoluMill into NCCS’ NCL Multi-axis machining software and offer it as an option upgrade. NCCS will offer VoluMill for 3-axis roughing applications, which is expected to provide users with dramatically improved rough milling productivity.
“We believe VoluMill is definitively the industry’s best solution for bulk-material removal and are pleased to offer this technology as a fully integrated component of NCL, our high-end multi-axis machining software,” says NCCS’ Manager of CAD/CAM Applications & Support, David Schultz. “VoluMill’s high-performance roughing strategies are an excellent complement to NCL’s Total Control 3-, 4-, and 5-axis finishing strategies. This combination will provide enormous cost saving benefits to our customers including reduced programming time, faster cycle times, and greater tool life.”
VoluMill’s patent-pending technology generates toolpaths that produce a consistent material removal rate. Their smooth, flowing motion establishes and maintains ideal milling conditions in any part shape. Reduced forces on the spindle and cutting tool enable machining hardware to be safely utilized to its full capabilities. Uniform chip formation and excellent heat dissipation result in the previously unachievable combination of dramatically reduced cycle times and significantly extended cutting-tool life.
“We are pleased to have earned the distinction of becoming a partner to NCCS, one of the industry’s leading providers of multi-axis machining software,” says Terry Sorensen, CEO for Celeritive. “NCCS has built a long standing relationship with their customers over the past thirty years, and the inclusion of VoluMill within their suite of solutions affords us an opportunity to become a part of their growing success in the global market.”
Aug 18, 2011
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel