Chennai: Barry-Wehmiller International Resources (BWIR), in partnership with SolidWorks Inc., is now inviting applications for the 2011 BWIR DesignACE contest. The contest, targeting engineering students from the engineering and manufacturing domain, will cover more than 500 colleges across Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Kerala in this season.
DesignACE provides a platform for engineering students to present their solutions to a range of engineering design problems. Solidworks Inc. will serve as technical partner for the event and will provide the students who register with the software kits they can use for modeling. This year’s event will also see CADD Centre, Chennai, as the educational partner.
The first two seasons of BWIR’s DesignACE contest has seen more than 350 teams from over 300 engineering colleges across south India. DesignACE started its first season targeting colleges only in Tamil Nadu. Seeing the success of the contest in its first season, the second season was open to colleges across south India. BWIR expects to expand the DesignACE event on a national scale next year.
Cash prizes and top honors include:
- First Prize - Rs. 30000/-
- Second Prize - Rs. 25000/-
- Third Prize - Rs. 20000/-
- Attractive stipend-paid internships
- One-week 3D design course from CADD Centre
Students who meet the eligibility criteria can participate in DesignACE 2011 by submitting any innovative design with a short write-up for shortlisting procedure on or before August 27. The entries will be judged on the parameters of depth and clarity of thinking, innovation, design capability, and “green” thinking.
Commenting on this industry academia initiative, Mr. Senthilkumar D., vice president and senior partner of BWIR, said, “We are very proud to announce the third season of BWIR DesignACE. This is an annual property of BWIR that we conceptualized internally to give engineering students an opportunity to showcase their talent and be recognized in the engineering design world. In the past two seasons, we have had some of the best names in the engineering design field as part of this important event to share their expertise with the participants. DesignACE 2011 is just one of the programs we are undertaking to challenge students to put their imagination and passion into action through design, while demonstrating our support for the next generation of design professionals.”
Final date for submission of innovative designs 27 August 2011
Announcement of shortlisted candidates for pre-finals 9 September 2011
Pre-finals 23 September 2011
Finals 24 September 2011
For more information on the contest, workshops and guidelines, please visit www.bwir-designace.com or call 044-43909100.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining