German-Firm Technology to Enhance Autodesk Visualization Capabilities with Interactive, Highly Accurate Rendering Technology.
Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK) announced today that it has acquired certain technology related assets from Numenus GmbH, a software provider of high-end visualization technology used to efficiently render and review 3D datasets. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Founded in 2009 and based in Koblenz, Germany, Numenus specializes in interactive rendering directly from NURBS (Non-Uniform Rational B-Splines) data to provide instant, photorealistic design renderings for designers, engineers and marketing professionals. As a result of the acquisition, Autodesk software users should gain more accurate visualization of surfaces and spend less time preparing quality visualization data.
“High-end, instantaneous visualization capabilities are a necessity in the world of design,” said Andrew Anagnost, vice-president of suites, Web services and subscription at Autodesk. “Combining advanced ray tracing technology with powerful visual communication tools transforms how designers, engineers and marketing teams consume, review and share visual designs.”
The acquisition reflects Autodesk’s continuing commitment to provide a comprehensive Digital Prototyping solution to manufacturers of all sizes, giving them the ability to design, visualize and simulate their products before they are built. The addition of the Numenus technology will specifically strengthen Autodesk’s ability to address high fidelity visualization for technical surfacing and advanced design reviews as part of Autodesk’s commitment to automotive design workflows.
Numenus’ founders are now part of Autodesk.
This transaction is expected to have no impact on guidance issued on August 18, 2011.
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers