Teamcenter and NX to Enable Concurrent Engineering Process and Improve Productivity for Antonov.
MOSCOW AIR SHOW - Siemens PLM Software, a business unit of the Siemens Industry Automation Division and a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services, today announced that Ukrainian State Enterprise Antonov, a leading aircraft manufacturing and services organization, selected NX™ software and Teamcenter® software solutions to implement joint cargo aviation projects with the Russian JSC United Aircraft Corporation. These projects include the production of the Antonov An-124 Ruslan heavy long-range cargo aircraft and the Antonov An-70 medium short take-off and landing cargo aircraft.
Antonov will use Siemens PLM Software’s NX, a comprehensive digital product development solution, and Teamcenter, the world’s most widely used digital lifecycle management system, to design and create a centralized product, engineering and design data management system.
Antonov selected Siemens PLM Software technology following an in-depth analysis of NX and Teamcenter. Antonov cited as key selection factors the technologies’ open architecture and ability to integrate with multiple CAD systems, as well as its flexibility in adapting to customer specific tasks. Antonov found that the robust functionality in NX and Teamcenter enables better engineering process automation and enhances general production efficiency.
In addition, Antonov implemented a Siemens PLM Software pilot project, which shortened design time and improved productivity. According to Antonov, the pilot project demonstrated the competitive advantages of NX and Teamcenter, and revealed the excellent qualifications of Siemens PLM Software’s technical support team. As a result, Teamcenter and NX were determined to be the best solutions for Antonov to establish a unified information backbone to support joint projects with JSC United Aircraft Corp.
“We are proud that an aircraft manufacturing leader like Ukrainian State Enterprise Antonov has selected Siemens PLM Software's solutions for cargo aviation project development,” said Victor Bespalov, Country Manager, Siemens PLM Software Russia. “In today’s competitive environment, PLM technology is a prerequisite for a successful aircraft business. By providing aviation companies' with these technologies, Siemens PLM Software is helping companies like Antonov to enhance integration and collaboration with global partners.”
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers