Altium announced that it is an official supplier to the international WorldSkills 2011 competition which takes place at ExCeL London from 5th-8th October 2011. As part of a continued commitment to the event and the education of the next generation of electronics engineers, Altium is supporting the 14 competing teams of the electronics category with its electronics design software Altium Designer.
Held every two years, WorldSkills is the largest international skills competition in the world, where young people from across the globe compete to become the best in their chosen skill sector. A total of 1,000 competitors from over 50 nations compete in 45 skills, ranging from engineering and manufacturing technology, including electronics, to IT, social services and creative arts. This year’s “skills olympics” is expected to attract 150,000 visitors making it the largest WorldSkills event to date.
Altium’s involvement in WorldSkills dates back to 2007 and is part of the company’s wider strategy of breaking down the barriers to innovation by widening the access to next generation electronics design. By backing the WorldSkills competition and similar events such as Formula Student, Altium seeks to foster and inspire young talent to pursue a career in electronics.
“Altium’s solutions are easy to learn, use and deploy. We constantly bring new technologies to the market in an accessible way so that engineers can always use the latest technology,” said Martin Harris, Head of Global Field Operations at Altium. “We are pleased to provide our software to every participant in the electronics competition for WorldSkills London 2011, and are excited to see the results of how budding engineers from across the globe use their talents and skills in this electronics design competition.”
Competitors will be using the latest release of Altium Designer, Altium’s unified electronics design solution. Altium Designer is built on a unified data model allowing a huge step forward from traditional point tools. Smart design data management, FPGA/PCB co-design, real-time 3D PCB design, integrated version control, managed release processes and many more features make Altium Designer a powerful platform for innovation.
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel