National Instruments today named NI veteran Ajit Gokhale as a new vice president of product marketing effective Aug. 1, 2011. In his new role, Gokhale, who most recently served as the general manager for the NI UK, France, Ireland and Portugal offices, will oversee product marketing for the National Instruments core platforms of data acquisition and instrument control.
“During his 21 years with NI, Ajit has demonstrated tremendous creativity in driving our vision of graphical system design at the business level, in product development and in international sales and marketing,” said Dr. James Truchard, president, CEO and co-founder of National Instruments. “Over the years, Ajit has had a successful track record of defining strategic product roadmaps as well as recruiting and developing strong teams.”
In 2006, Gokhale took on a general manager position in Europe, where under his leadership his regions delivered record revenues and profits. During his tenure at National Instruments, Gokhale has set strategic direction and influenced product development for key product lines that contributed significant revenues and gross margins to the business. Additionally, he has extensive experience working directly with NI customers to identify and deliver solutions that meet their application needs.
“Since our founding, National Instruments has been a pioneer in instrument control and data acquisition hardware and software to help engineers and scientists research, design and test new products and technologies,” Gokhale said. “I am excited to rejoin the product marketing organization, where I can work with our customers to define and deliver the products they need to fuel scientific discovery and engineering innovation.”
Gokhale holds a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering and computer science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He is a published author in several trade journals as well as a member of IEEE; the University of Surrey Industrial Advisory Board; the King’s College Industrial Advisory Board; and Young Engineers with Prince Andrew, Duke of York.
Aug 2, 2011
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining