3Dconnexion today announced 3D mouse support forseveral Autodesk 2012 3D design products, including Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Inventor LT, Autodesk Inventor Fusion, Autodesk Alias Design, Autodesk Design Review, Autodesk 3ds Max, Autodesk 3ds Max Design, Autodesk Maya, and Autodesk Softimagesoftware.3Dconnexion 3D mice enhance the powerful new features in these Autodesk 2012 applications, and offer artists and designers increased productivity with the ability to more easily control their 3D content.
“3Dconnexion 3D mice allow designers and artists using these applications to immerse themselves in their 3D environment,” said Stig Gruman, vice president of digital entertainment, Autodesk. “We are thrilled with the 3D mouse support for these applications, as it empowers our customers to achieve more with their Autodesk software.”
Whether working on mechanical parts and assemblies in Inventor or creating 3D imagery in 3ds Max or Maya, 3D mice offer a level of design interaction unattainable with a traditional mouse and keyboard. Allowing users to pan, zoom and rotate simultaneously,3D mice provide a superior navigation experience that boosts productivity and efficiency, while aiding user comfort. Using a 3D mouse, users are able to design more intuitively and with such precise control it feels like they’re holding the digital model in their hand.
“3Dconnexion 3D mice provide the most immersive and consistent 3D design experience across the supported Autodesk software products,” said Antonio Pascucci, vice president of products, 3Dconnexion. “We are excited for 3D mice to help aid in the design and visualization of future products, characters and films that will be created by these Autodesk design programs.”
The entire 3Dconnexion product line is compatible with the 2012 releases of Autodesk Inventor, Inventor LT, Inventor Fusion, 3ds Max, 3ds Max Design, Maya, Softimage, Alias Design, and Design Review2012 software, including the Professional Series with the SpacePilot PRO (MSRP $399) and SpaceExplorer™ (MSRP $299), and the Standard Series with the SpaceNavigator (MSRP $99) and SpaceNavigator for Notebooks (MSRP $129).
Aug 3, 2011
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel