3Dconnexion today announced its 3D mice are now supported by Blender 2.59, helping digital artists take their designs further by enabling previously impossible levels of interaction with their 3D content.
“Hands down, 3Dconnexion 3D mice provide the most intuitive way to work in Blender and are a must-have tool on today’s design workstations,” said Nathan Letwory, chief technology officer, Studio Lumikuu and Blender core developer. “Using a 3D mouse in Blender, means you can position your model while simultaneously sculpting or modifying with a traditional mouse or tablet. You have to try it or see it to believe it!”
3Dconnexion 3D mice offer a level of design interaction that’s unattainable with a traditional mouse and keyboard. Using a 3D mouse, such as the SpaceNavigator, SpaceExplorer or SpacePilot PRO, Blender users can unleash their creativity in a whole new way, while benefiting from a faster more comfortable work-style.
3Dconnexion 3D mice also deliver a consistent navigation experience across most popular 3D applications, enabling designers to maintain their navigation workflow when changing from one application to another. The intuitive and precise control makes users feel like they’re holding the digital model in their hand. Check out what “Big Buck Bunny” has to say about 3D mice here.
“The introduction of 3D mouse support in the latest release of Blender underscores our ongoing commitment to extending the support and reach of superior 3D navigation to all 3D software users,” said Antonio Pascucci, vice president of products, 3Dconnexion. “Using Blender with a 3D mouse significantly enhances the creative design experience, giving the user a direct connection to their 3D models and worlds.”
3Dconnexion will be demonstrating 3D mouse navigation in Blender in booth 970 at SIGGRAPH 2011 in Vancouver, Canada, August 9-11.
The entire 3Dconnexion product line is compatible with Blender, including the Professional Series with the SpacePilot PRO (MSRP $399) and SpaceExplorer™ (MSRP $299), and the Standard Series with the SpaceNavigator (MSRP $99) and SpaceNavigator for Notebooks (MSRP $129).
Aug 10, 2011
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel