VIZ Media, the largest distributor and licensor of anime and manga in the North America, announced today a collaboration with Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ:ADSK) to create a limited edition digital art book anthology that will be sold through VIZ Media’s Manga App, with 100% of VIZ Media’s net proceeds going to support disaster relief efforts in Japan. All of the artwork in the collection, titled ART FOR HOPE, will be created using Autodesk SketchBook® digital paint and drawing software applications.
VIZ Media and Autodesk have already started working with artists to create works that deliver a message of hope to victims of the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami in Japan. Artists interested in submitting work to be considered for the collection can email email@example.com. The VIZ Media editorial team, together with Autodesk’s team, will select and curate the selections for the digital anthology, which will be released later this fall exclusively through the VIZ Manga App, available on iPad™, iPod touch™ and iPhone™. VIZ Media will donate 100% of its net proceeds to the disaster relief and rebuilding efforts in Japan.
“It has been several months since the earthquake and tsunami devastated Japan, and financial support is needed now more than ever,” said Hidemi Fukuhara, President and CEO of VIZ Media. “ART FOR HOPE is a very special project for VIZ Media, and we thank Autodesk for making it possible for artists and fans to support the relief efforts in such a unique manner.”
“Digital painting and drawing is within everyone’s reach, and we’re excited to help unlock the artistic potential of VIZ Media fans and professional artists alike for this extremely worthy cause,” Samir Hanna, vice president of the Autodesk Consumer Products Group.
Autodesk and VIZ Media will unveil some of the artwork from the ART FOR HOPE project at the VIZ Media 25th Anniversary Event to be held during Comic-Con on Thursday, July 21st at the Andaz Hotel in San Diego. VIZ Media will also announce a groundbreaking new initiative for the manga community.
Jul 8, 2011
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012
- New Report Places Bentley's OpenPlant Products at the Forefront of Interoperability and Plant Creation