Visual Integrity® and Open Design Alliance (ODA) today announced a comprehensive PDF technology cooperation. Visual Integrity will license their FLY SDK to the ODA to be used as a PDF underlay. Visual Integrity will make additional PDF plug-ins for Teigha, the ODA software development platform for engineering applications. These will allow ODA members to read or import PDF files and render them as editable DWG or DGN files.
“ODA Members will see immediate benefits from adding support for PDF underlays”, said Jean Haney, CEO and co-founder of Visual Integrity. “The rich data resident in the PDF files enables features for their users that accelerate drawing time, such as layer views, line and object snapping, rotation, scaling and other property adjustments. With an additional plug-in, editing the PDF drawing is even possible.”
ODA President Arnold van der Weide stated, “Am excited that we were able to work with Visual Integrity to offer this type of PDF support to the ODA members. Now all ODA members can test the PDF underlay because a test version of the FLY SDK will be included in Teigha.”
Founded in 1993, Visual Integrity has long been a pioneer in PDF and vector graphics technologies. Relied on by high-profile organizations globally, Visual Integrity products convert stored or real-time content into industry-standard vector and image formats. Visual Integrity produces a number of desktop conversion utilities including pdf2image and pdf2picture for Microsoft Office users and pdf2cad for engineers. In addition, the company offers a wide range of multi-platform tools for developers and systems integrators to enable batch process automation and custom application integration.
Jul 11, 2011
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio