SofTech, Inc., a proven provider of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, announces its latest ProductCenter® PLM case study featuring Fibertek, Inc. of Herndon, Virginia. Fibertek, Inc. is a leading developer and producer of advanced solid-state lasers and highly sophisticated electro-optical sensor systems for military and aerospace applications.
Initially deployed to integrate Fibertek’s Development and Manufacturing operations, ProductCenter’s use has expanded throughout the organization providing access to critical information. The Engineering, Quality and Finance departments as well as Fibertek’s Management team all rely on ProductCenter to deliver the right information at the right time.
With this implementation, Fibertek, Inc. has achieved the following benefits:
Increased productivity, improved data integrity and streamlined product design and development processes
Early visibility into the product development process, leading to less re-design, fewer change orders and more re-use
Secure control and accurate access to product data significantly improves data management processes and facilitates compliance initiatives
Additionally, by controlling all of the product design and development documentation, ProductCenter will be instrumental in Fibertek’s success with the recent contract award to develop lasers for NASA’s Ice, Cloud, and land Elevation Satellite-2 (ICESat-2) Observatory mission scheduled to launch in 2016.
For the complete case study on Fibertek, Inc.’s use of ProductCenter, visit the SofTech Web site at http://www.softech.com/plm-customersuccess/?ref=prfi.
Founded in 1983, Fibertek, Inc. produces state-of-the-art lasers and electro-optics systems primarily for the military and aerospace markets. Fibertek specializes in the design, development and manufacturing of advanced diode-pumped solid-state lasers and highly sophisticated electro-optical sensor systems. Fibertek’s pioneering work in electro-optics systems has allowed the company to become a globally-recognized industry leader at the forefront of advanced laser and sensor technology.
Jul 19, 2011
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets