SofTech, Inc., a proven provider of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, announces its latest ProductCenter® PLM case study featuring Fibertek, Inc. of Herndon, Virginia. Fibertek, Inc. is a leading developer and producer of advanced solid-state lasers and highly sophisticated electro-optical sensor systems for military and aerospace applications.
Initially deployed to integrate Fibertek’s Development and Manufacturing operations, ProductCenter’s use has expanded throughout the organization providing access to critical information. The Engineering, Quality and Finance departments as well as Fibertek’s Management team all rely on ProductCenter to deliver the right information at the right time.
With this implementation, Fibertek, Inc. has achieved the following benefits:
Increased productivity, improved data integrity and streamlined product design and development processes
Early visibility into the product development process, leading to less re-design, fewer change orders and more re-use
Secure control and accurate access to product data significantly improves data management processes and facilitates compliance initiatives
Additionally, by controlling all of the product design and development documentation, ProductCenter will be instrumental in Fibertek’s success with the recent contract award to develop lasers for NASA’s Ice, Cloud, and land Elevation Satellite-2 (ICESat-2) Observatory mission scheduled to launch in 2016.
For the complete case study on Fibertek, Inc.’s use of ProductCenter, visit the SofTech Web site at http://www.softech.com/plm-customersuccess/?ref=prfi.
Founded in 1983, Fibertek, Inc. produces state-of-the-art lasers and electro-optics systems primarily for the military and aerospace markets. Fibertek specializes in the design, development and manufacturing of advanced diode-pumped solid-state lasers and highly sophisticated electro-optical sensor systems. Fibertek’s pioneering work in electro-optics systems has allowed the company to become a globally-recognized industry leader at the forefront of advanced laser and sensor technology.
Jul 19, 2011
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers