ROMER Inc., a brand of Hexagon Metrology Inc, announced today the launch of CMS108, a high-precision, non-contact laser scanner available for their portable coordinate measuring machines. The newest option in ROMER’s laser scanning portfolio, the CMS108 is the most adaptable and adept at scanning a wide range of materials with enhanced sensitivity to color and surface finishes. Its improved accuracy makes it attractive for inspection and reverse engineering applications where laser scanners have been unable to meet tight tolerances. The CMS108 mounts with a kinematic joint to the seven-axis ROMER portable CMMs, which include the Absolute Arm SE and the Infinite 2.0 SC Arm.
The CMS108 is the most precise laser scanner offered by ROMER with an accuracy of 20 microns, which is a 16% gain in accuracy over previous scanning solutions. In addition, the device was engineered for applications with a wide variety of color and surface finishes. Flying dot technology allows the laser scanner to rapidly detect changes in color and surfaces via their reflectivity. An operator can scan traditionally difficult finishes, including shiny and mirrored surfaces, without making manual exposure adjustments. The laser scanner can transition from matte to shiny features without additional calibration. With 3 different line widths and differing point densities, the CMS108 is able to perform inspection routines on small intricate parts and large surfaces.
“The CMS108 is the perfect addition to our portable scanning portfolio,” states Eric Hollenbeck, Hexagon Metrology’s Product Manager for portable products, ”With versatility and an exceptional data collection rate, we now offer an incredibly accurate scanner capable of inspecting different consecutive surfaces on the fly with no adjustments. The CMS108 system integrates our industry leading Scanning System Specification which specifies and calibrates the arm and scanner as a single unit. Although any organization with portable metrology requirements could potentially benefit from this technology, typical users include those in the automotive, aerospace, medical, rail, and energy production industries. The addition of the CMS108 to our lineup demonstrates Hexagon Metrology’s commitment to offering the customer unrivaled choice in portable metrology.”
The CMS108 is currently available for the seven-axis Absolute Arm SE with measuring ranges of 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, and 4.5 meters. The sensor can also be added as an upgrade to the seven-axis Infinite 2.0 SC Arm. Both products are produced in the new, state-of-the-art facility in Oceanside, California.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012