Remcom announces a new version of its electromagnetic simulation software, XFdtd® Release 7 (XF7), updating the product to Release 7.2.1. Notable new features include a standard materials database which is included with the XFdtd installation and the ability to combine SAR results from multiple sources.
The materials library contains over 250 material definitions, most of which are generic conductors and dielectrics commonly used by Remcom’s customers. The library also includes the full catalog of materials from Rogers Corporation, with collections from additional vendors to follow later this year.
Remcom has also added the ability to post-process SAR values from the simulation results of multiple sources, especially important for mobile device manufacturers that need to keep up with next generation LTE requirements.
Other enhancements include:
XStream acceleration for simulations with Time-dependent Materials
Antenna diversity, including independent PDFs for E_phi and E_theta
Enhanced tools for creating and manipulating primitive geometric shapes: Sphere, Cylinder, Cone, Cuboid, Torus, Pyramid, Prism, Frustum and Helix
Scaling of voxel models, with options for Modify, Transform, and Scale
Visualization and creation of Nanometer-scale geometry
Improved and more automatic convergence control via new options for the Termination Criteria of simulations
Automatic time domain sampling of results based on Frequency Range of Interest
Visualization of manual Fixed Points
Additional context menu items allow more direct access to commonly used functionality (like editing Features)
XF7 is available in both Pro and Bio-Pro versions. Both include XStream GPU acceleration, 32- or 64-bit analysis module, geometric modeler and postprocessor, shared memory multiprocessor (MPM) at eight cores, and a comprehensive variety of 3D CAD import modules. The Bio-Pro version also includes SAR capability and high fidelity human body meshes. XFdtd users without an active Remcom Professional Support contract can upgrade to the latest version of Release 7 by contacting email@example.com
About Remcom: Remcom provides innovative electromagnetic simulation software and consulting services. XFdtd, the company’s full wave 3D EM solver, simplifies the analysis of complex EM problems and leads the market in FDTD-based modeling and simulation. Remcom’s products are used for antenna design, bio/EM effects, MRI, microwave circuits, RFID, military and defense applications, EMC/EMI, and more. Remcom is committed to its customers’ unique needs, offering flexible licensing options for installations of all sizes as well as custom engineered solutions.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012
- New Report Places Bentley's OpenPlant Products at the Forefront of Interoperability and Plant Creation