3D Systems today announced that Quickparts® recently assisted Eye-Com Corporation in the design and development of Eye-Com’s innovative EC7T eye tracking system.
Designed and developed by Eye-Com Corporation, the EC7T is an advanced eye tracking platform that uses frame mounted micro-cameras to record eyelid and pupil activity, as well as to track head movement. The integrated, wearable system is a versatile device with all video, lighting, and electronic components encased within the uniquely designed, unobtrusive eye-frames. This technology has many research and practical applications such as fatigue detection, assistive communication for handicapped or disabled people, military training, medical use, and video games.
Knowing that the eye-frame design needed to contain a variety of complex components, Eye-Com hardware expert Eliot Drake and his team confidently turned to Quickparts for SLA® prototypes to assist with validating the design for production. “Instant quoting and quick turnaround allowed us to quickly make several iterations of our new device without wasting time,” said Drake. “Quickparts has always delivered on time. The quality, functionality and finish allowed us to show these parts as more than just prototypes.”
“Quickparts was pleased be part of the development process with Eye-Com,” said Patrick Hunter, Vice President and General Manager for Quickparts. “Helping our customers develop innovative products like this makes our business exciting and rewarding.”
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program