PTC (Nasdaq: PMTC), The Product Development Company®, today announced that MKS Integrity®, a PTC product, is the first software system lifecycle management solution certified to help manufacturers comply with a key automotive industry safety standard governing areas such as steering and braking systems.
Specifically, TÜV SÜD Automotive, a global leader in technical certification services, has certified Integrity, release 2009 SP6 (9.6) is fit for purpose to develop safety-related systems for use in ISO/DIS 26262 and IEC 61508 compliant development processes. This independent assessment of IntegrityTM change and configuration management capabilities enables automotive engineering organizations developing safety-related embedded systems to qualify the tool chain being used to produce these systems up to ASIL-D or SIL3, the most stringent levels of safety function as defined by the standards.
"We have seen that Integrity helps automotive development organizations adhere to the requirements and recommendations of the safety standards, resulting in improved reliability, quality and safety," said Andreas Bärwald, Product Line Manager Functional Safety, TÜV SÜD Automotive GmbH. "These product capabilities combined with the reporting functionality can even increase the efficiency of functional safety assessments performed by our organization at vehicle manufacturers and suppliers."
The use of Integrity as prescribed in the Integrity Safety Manual gives vehicle manufacturers and their suppliers the confidence to know they are in compliance with industry safety standards. Integrity allows companies to improve productivity by automating manual activities through workflow and dynamic reporting. Systemic errors can be reduced through tight integrations between Integrity and engineering authoring tools. In addition, by providing a single source of truth for software-intensive products through an unparalleled single data model that delivers full lifecycle traceability, organizations are able to continue accelerating product innovation in the midst of high rates of change and stringent compliance.
"This certification will help our automotive customers to cost-effectively comply with functional safety standards such as ISO26262 that ensure safe software system development processes," said Christoph Braeuchle, Global Automotive Product Manager at PTC. "Our ground-breaking work coupled with the certification by TÜV SÜD Automotive gives our customers the confidence they need to reduce the risk of non-compliance and deliver high quality software-intensive products to the market with decreasing cycle times."
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining