Las Vegas, NV – imX 2011 will feature the latest in the line of powerful Mastercam machining software. Stop by booth # 1914 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV, September 12-14, for a look at Mastercam X5, the latest release, which delivers dramatic time-saving cutting techniques. Mastercam X5 includes new dynamic milling techniques, new OptiRough toolpath, multiaxis machining, and much more.
Smart Hybrid Finishing
Hybrid finishing intelligently blends two efficient cutting techniques in a single toolpath. This new toolpath evaluates the model shape and smoothly switches between Constant Z cutting and Constant Scallop machining. The result is a dramatically finer finish with less work.
Fast, Aggressive, Intelligent Roughing
Mastercam’s new 3D surface high speed OptiRough toolpath supports cutters capable of machining very large depths of cut. OptiRough is a new technique designed to remove large amounts of material quickly using its successful dynamic milling motion. Large, aggressive cuts are followed by fast, smaller up-cuts, safely delivering a fully roughed part faster than ever.
A single OptiRough toolpath can cut material in two directions: on step-downs (-Z) and step-ups (+Z). This highly efficient, bi-directional cutting strategy removes the maximum amount of material with the minimum of step-downs, significantly reducing cycle times. Below is a graph comparing Traditional Machining vs. OptiRough:
POCKET TYPE | CUTTERS | TOOLPATHS | TIME
OptiRough | 1 | 1 | 00:05:17
Zigzag Pocket | 3 | 3 | 00:14:53
New Dynamic Milling Techniques
Dynamic milling constantly adjusts the toolpath to ensure the most efficient cut possible and allows use of the entire tool flute length, often eliminating the need for multiple depth cuts. New dynamic milling techniques include Dynamic Rest Mill and Dynamic Contour. Dynamic Rest Mill helps ensure maximum tool efficiency during cleanup routines. Dynamic Contour uses an intelligent, efficient high speed contouring strategy to remove material along walls. It supports multi-passes and can optionally include finishing passes. Below is a graph comparing Traditional Machining vs. Dynamic Mill:
POCKET TYPE | CYCLE TIMES | PARTS PER SHIFT
Dynamic Pocket | 00:02:45 | 174
Zigzag Pocket | 00:06:12 | 77
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments